This is the recipe I got from my mother in law, from the day I tasted this it became my fav side dish for chapati, it’s the quick and easy to do. It basically need very few ingridients..
Bombay chutney recipe has very similar to indian kadhi recipe, but with a thicker consistency. generally, it is served with south indian breakfast recipes like idli and dosa, but my personal preference would be with deep fried poori or even with chapati for dinner. Typically if i am not in a mood to make some veggie curries , i end up making this recipe. it hardly takes minutes to make this recipe and the only vegetable required is finely chopped tomatoes.
◻Prep time: 5mins
♨️Cooktime: 10 mins
⌛Total time: 15 mins
🍽Servings: 3 servings
⚪Cuisine: South Indian
▫️1/4 cup besan/gram flour
▫️2 cups water
▫️3 tsp oil
▫️1 tsp mustard
▫️1/2 tsp chana dhal
▫️1 or 2 green chili chopped
▫️pinch hing/ asafoetida
▫️few curry leaves
▫️1 inch ginger finely chopped
▫️1/4 tsp turmeric powder
▫️1 tsp chili powder
▫️1 tomato, finely chopped
▫️salt as required
1. Firstly in a bowl add 1/4 cup besan, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, pinch of hing, 1tsp chili powder, salt, and mix with 2 cups of water without any lumps.
2. In a Kadai heat 3tsp oil and spultter 1tsp mustard, and 1/2tsp chana dhal and few curry leaves.
3. Further add the finely chopped ginger and green chilies.
4. Now add the chopped tomatoes and saute till it gets soft and mushy.
5. Then finally add the besan mixture keeping in low flame.
6. Keep stirring continuously until the mixture combines well and thickens.
7. Finally u can garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chapatis,pori, idli or dosas.
- We can even add chopped onions to add more flavors.
- This dish can be used as dip for tortillas and chips.(south Indian dip😋)
This dish is more easy and even can be done in no time, serve with hot chapati.