Omg how can I start to describe this recipe, this recipe is kind of tangy, spicy and oil floating on top wow yummy and mouthwatering gravy. At least one time in a week it will be in my lunch menu for sure😁.
Prep time: 30 mins
Gingerly oil: 2tbsp
Tamarind: lemon size
Green chilies: 2
Onions: 1 medium size
Tomatoes: 2 small size
Manathakkali: 2tsp (optional)
Curry leaves: few
Kulambu/ Sambar podi: 2tsp
Turmeric powder: 1/2tsp
Mustard seeds: 1tsp
– slice the onions nice thin or chunky the way u want, chop the tomatoes, green chilies.
– In a heavy bottom pan heat the gingerly oil, once the oil is hot add the mustard seed, fenugreek, manathakkali and fry them.
– add the green chilies, onions and fry them until they are translucent.
– once onions are cooked add the tomatoes and cook them till they are soft and mushy.
– it’s the time to add the the tamarind extract, turmeric powder, kulambu podi, salt and boil till the raw smell goes.
– cook the kulambu nicely until the oil separates and gets thicker.
That’s all super yummy spicy and tangy kulambu is perfectly ready to eat with hot rice.
– U can use garlic also, as my hubby doesn’t like garlic so I don’t use.
– in here I used Aachi kulambu podi for this recipe I sometimes use my mom made sambar podi also.
– to get restuarant taste add a piece of Jaggery at the end…
– while eating just add little gingerly oil to add more flavor to your rice.