This is the most easy recipe and can be best for cold season, it’s southindia soup either can be drank or mixed and eat with hot rice. Back in my home we use to prepare every day for lunch. This is so basic rasam but it tastes so delicious while preparing itself the aroma will surround the house.
Prep time: 15 mins
Tamarind extract: 1/2cup
Rasam powder: 1 1/2tspIyengar Rasam powder
Salt: to taste
Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
Thoor dhal: boiled water 1/2 cup
Jeera: 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves: few
Coriander leaves: fistfull nicely chopped
– In a bowl take the tamarind extract, tomota and smash nicely with your hand( if u smash with your hand it will be nice)
– Then in the tamarind water add adofetidia, turmeric powder, rasam powder, salt and give a stir and bring to boil.
– boil the rasam till it becomes frothy once the frothy layer comes add the dhal water and turn it off.
– then add the curry leaves and coriander leaves.
– Temper the mustard and cumin seeds in hot ghee and pour it in rasam.
In few mins we can prepare yummy and hot rasam, Serve it with hot rice most delicious dish.